The WSU Department of Internal Medicine strives for excellence in pursuit of its multifaceted mission of education, research, patient care and service for the diverse southeastern Michigan population.
Our priorities include
- Educating our undergraduate medical students and training highly skilled and compassionate physicians who will expand our reach as educators, researchers, and clinicians through new scientific knowledge.
- Encouraging and aiding our faculty and staff in the provision of service to the local community, state and nation.
- Maintaining and cultivating an environment that nurtures and rewards lifelong learning, cooperation with our partners, and attainment of their maximum potential
With over 150 faculty, the Department of Internal Medicine is one of the largest clinical departments in the School of Medicine, and represents a diverse group of physicians and Ph.D. scientists. The department is built on the traditional core teaching missions of teaching, research, clinical practice and service. Students receive hands-on patient experience with exceptional clinical affiliates, Wayne Health and others.
- Chair M. Safwan Badr, M.D., M.B.A.
- Associate Chair Ghulam Saydain M.D F.C.C.P
- Associate Chair for Research Jason Mateika MSc, PhD
- Vice Chair for Medical Education, Diane Levine, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Department Administrator, Rana El-Jaroudi MBA, MPH
Please follow this link to our Newsletter, Straight Talk to stay up to date on the Department of Internal Medicine.